What’s a Motion?
A motion is a proposal that the association’s membership take action or a position on a specific topic or issue. The following are six types of motions anyone who is a member can make at an association membership meeting:
- Main motions introduce a specific topic for consideration and cannot be made while another motion is before the group.
- Subsidiary motions amend or change how to handle a motion that’s already being considered. A subsidiary motion is voted on before the motion it affects is voted on.
- Privileged motions represent urgent or important matters that take precedence over regular or pending business.
- Incidental motions are responses to procedure and must be considered before a main motion.
- Reconsidered motions generally are brought up when there is no other pending business so that the membership can revisit an unresolved issue.
- A pending motion is one that has been stated by the chair but has not yet been brought to a vote.
Since we opened our doors in 1989, Tidewater has been offering personal customer service throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and West Virginia. Due to our dedication to helping homeowners buy, sell, rent, and maintain their properties, we have become one of the largest family owned full-service real estate management companies in the area.LEARN MORE
Family Owned & Operated
Tidewater managed my condo for 2 years. They were professional, promptly addressed service requests, inspected my property to ensure it was being properly cared for by the tenants and gave me ultimate peace of mind,…
Tidewater has been managing my property in Odenton, MD, for nearly 5 years. They have been excellent in supporting my needs, and leave me feeling confident that my property is in good hands while deployed.…
My experience was great! I had the pleasure of working with Melody Timmons. She was very responsive to messages and very communicative. She made every effort to accommodate us when scheduling a time and date…
Tidewater provided incredible service as they managed my rental property for more than 3 years. The team is responsive, communicative, and professional. Highly recommend Tidewater Property Management!
Cody helped us purchase our new home in Baltimore. We were living in Arizona and had a lot of complications to work through logistically and Cody stepped up every time to help us out. He…