Background Check Services for Landlords Near Silver Spring & Glen Burnie, MD
Tenant screening is an important part of what we do at Tidewater Property Management. When you partner with our company, we give you the confidence that you’re getting quality tenants in your rental home or apartment. As part of our tenant screening process, we perform a background check on every tenant you are considering. The background check gives you a picture of the financial and criminal history of the tenant, so you can make an informed decision about whether or not to rent to that person.
Do you need help screening potential tenants? Background checks are part of our tenant screening services in Maryland. Reach out to Tidewater Property Management at 443-548-0191 or contact us online for more information.
What Is Included in a Background Check?
When you are checking potential tenants, you need to know that they are financially stable and do not represent a risk for criminal activity. A background check provides this information for you. In a background check, you will receive information about your potential tenant’s:
- County criminal record – You can still rent to a tenant with a criminal record, but this will help you know what crimes the individual was accused of so you can make an informed decision.
- Sex offender registry check – Help protect other tenants with this valuable information.
- Credit report – A credit report shows whether or not your tenant is financially stable.
- Proof of income – Knowing your tenant’s income helps you know whether or not they can pay the rent.
- Eviction history – A tenant with a long list of evictions in their past is likely not someone you want to rent to.
- Employment history – This information helps you determine if your tenant has solid employment, which is important for being able to afford rent.
Keep in mind that you are not allowed to discriminate based on race, religion, or gender, but if the background check finds a serious problem, you can refuse to rent to someone.
Do you want this valuable information about your potential tenants? Discuss background check services with the Tidewater team by calling (443) 548-0191.
Protect Yourselves and Your Other Tenants With Property Management Services From Tidewater
When you allow someone to rent your available properties, you are putting a lot at risk. You need confidence that the tenant you choose is a safe and responsible person, especially if you have multi-family properties. With Tidewater Property Management, you get that peace of mind. Our rigorous tenant screening process helps you weed out those tenants who are not a good fit or who have problems in their histories, so you can rent to responsible people who will take care of their rental homes.
Rent with confidence knowing your tenants are responsible, quality tenants. Call (443) 548-0191 or contact Tidewater Property Management online for more information about our tenant screening processes.