Benefits of Hiring a Property Manager
Whether you own an apartment complex, townhouse, or another type of real estate, you know that managing a rental can be a great boon to your monthly income. You also probably know just how much time and effort managing property can require.
Fortunately, you have the option to enjoy the best of both worlds: continue to own real estate, but hand off inconvenient, time-consuming tasks to a property manager. Still not sold? Here are the top reasons why you should get help managing your properties.
Every aspect of owning real estate is more convenient with a property management company by your side. Expect to get help with:
- Managing geographically distant real estate: You can’t very well drive several hours to a townhouse you own every time the tenant has a problem. With contractors, suppliers, and vendors available through your property manager, you can sit back and let these workers handle the job.
- Maximizing your profitability: Property managers take a small cut of your monthly rental rate, but by freeing up your time, you can pursue other ventures on the side to maximize your income as a real estate investor.
Your inexperienced methods of performing property management tasks may not be the most efficient. In contrast, an experienced property manager has tried-and-true systems in place for:
- Vetting and managing tenants: When potential tenants submit applications, an experienced property manager runs background checks to make sure they’re a good fit. Once they move in, your property manager continues to handle all aspects of the tenant-landlord relationship, including maintenance requests, routine inspections, and other tasks.
- Collecting monthly rent: No more crossing your fingers in hopes that your tenants will pay on time this month or awkwardly going door-to-door asking for rent.
You can always take a DIY approach to property management, but by working with a professional company, you receive specialized help with:
- Setting the proper rental rates: By conducting thorough market research, your property manager can help you strike the perfect balance between attracting tenants and maximizing your monthly income.
- Advertising your property: After years of experience, a property management company knows how to craft compelling marketing materials for your rental. This is tremendously useful for filling vacancies quickly.
Property Management in Maryland, DC & Virginia
If you own rental property in Maryland, DC, or Virginia, you can enjoy all of the above benefits and much more when you work with Tidewater Property Management. Some of our services include:
- Advertising and property listing
- Rental management and leasing
- Vetted tenant selection
- Lease negotiation
- Rent collection
- Janitorial and building maintenance services
- Property inspections
- Compliance notifications
- And much more!
If you don’t want these responsibilities to take over your life, let Tidewater Property Management remove the burden from your shoulders. We tackle the details so you can go back to enjoying the financial benefits of investing in rental property.
To learn more about Tidewater, or to request our property management services, contact us today!