Tips for Keeping Water Clean
Keeping water clean begins with each of us—where we live, work and play, and with the simple daily actions we take. Here are a few ways you can make a difference to reduce pollution:
- Plant trees, shrubs and groundcovers, especially around surface water. Vegetation acts as a natural filter for runoff entering ponds, lakes or streams. Plants can also prevent shoreline erosion and keep soil from washing away.
- Maintain a healthy lawn. A dense, healthy lawn can be an excellent filter for pollutants. Before you apply fertilizers, test your soil so you apply only what you need. Use the right fertilizer, at the right time and in the proper amount.
- Clean up after pets. Dispose of pet waste in the garbage.
- Compost grass clippings, leaves and garden waste. When these materials are washed into streams and lakes, they decay, which in turn consumes oxygen fish and other aquatic animals need to survive.
- Practice integrated pest management (IPM) around your home and garden. IPM reduces pest problems through a variety of cultural, mechanical, biological and chemical methods. Try to eliminate chemical use or keep pesticide use to a minimum by using them only when other methods are not successful.
- Maintain your vehicles in good condition to prevent leaks such as oil or antifreeze. Spilled motor oil, gasoline and lubricants can contaminate wells and streams.
Visit www.auduboninternational.org for more conservation tips.
Since we opened our doors in 1989, Tidewater has been offering personal customer service throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and West Virginia. Due to our dedication to helping homeowners buy, sell, rent, and maintain their properties, we have become one of the largest family owned full-service real estate management companies in the area.LEARN MORE
Family Owned & Operated
Tidewater managed my condo for 2 years. They were professional, promptly addressed service requests, inspected my property to ensure it was being properly cared for by the tenants and gave me ultimate peace of mind,…
Tidewater has been managing my property in Odenton, MD, for nearly 5 years. They have been excellent in supporting my needs, and leave me feeling confident that my property is in good hands while deployed.…
My experience was great! I had the pleasure of working with Melody Timmons. She was very responsive to messages and very communicative. She made every effort to accommodate us when scheduling a time and date…
Tidewater provided incredible service as they managed my rental property for more than 3 years. The team is responsive, communicative, and professional. Highly recommend Tidewater Property Management!
Cody helped us purchase our new home in Baltimore. We were living in Arizona and had a lot of complications to work through logistically and Cody stepped up every time to help us out. He…